Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Barn Burner sign to Metal Blade.

It's official, Metal Blade are taking the "Bangers" disc and reissuing it. You can still order the CD/ LP from us for a few months, thanks to everyone that has ordered. LP avail. beyond re-issue.

I'm really happy for Barn Burner, but you have to admit it sucks for us... the record as been a chart topper ! a review hit ! well supported on tour ! and now it's gone... BUT...BUT for the good of the band.

I remember back in May or so when the Barn Burner dudes asked me to release their record they had been shopping it around for a year already before they came to us, we almost immediately pressed it and gave it all we had because I was very impressed by the dudes and their willingness. Here is a quote from me at that first meeting "So we'll do the record push it hard, and in no time Metal Blade will come knocking for your next release"

I wasn't to off, except I never, ever imagined we would lose our record...

Metal Blade Records will be giving their debut album, 'Bangers', its official world wide release in 2010. The album has already received tons of praise from press from Canada to the UK from the album’s original release via New Romance for Kids Records.

“Up tempo stoner rock like a cross between The Atomic Bitchwax, Fu Manchu and The Fucking Champs…excellent musicianship” Terrorizer Magazine

“If Steve Harris [yes, Iron Maiden's own] moved to Montreal and started eating poutine and joined Corrosion of Conformity I’d imagine it would sound a lot like this. It hasn’t left my constant rotation for weeks, and I presume it is there to stay.” AbsoluteUnderground.ca

“Montreal’s Barn Burner is one of the most impressive Sabbath-inspired bands we’ve heard in a long time. The band’s newest offering, Bangers (New Romance for Kids), is pure stoney mayhem. Comprised of heavy, minimal riffs, driving drums and major solos, this album will satiate any metal head’s yearning for primal rock.” ChronicYouth.com